Thursday, June 9, 2011

little house on the prairie --clothesline edition

today i finally utilized my clothesline.  here's a couple pics that showcase my small town lifestyle :)

diapers hanging to dry in the sunshine


i'm still planning our vacation to alberta.  we're attempting a camping trip...with a four month old....for a week. lol.  the three of us will hit lake louise, banff, and possibly calgary or edmonton.  yes i know that we won't tent in calgary or edmonton, but we might just need to make a trip to ikea :)  Reid has never been!

on another note:  my volkswagon came with an amazing manual.  my cute but complex baby boy...nada.  did you know that sometimes the only way to get him to sleep is to turn the hair dryer on.  or when he won't take a soother, we stick one of our fingers in his mouth.  baby socks are useless and never stay on, but if you don't outfit your child with them someone will comment how cold his feet look.  on more then one occasion, because you won't learn your lesson, you will poke your baby while he's sleeping because you can't tell if he's breathing.  your worries will disappear along with your quiet time....because now your child is awkae, breathing, and screaming from being poked.   this list goes on and on.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey Jess!
So, I'm not sure when you are planning the trip to Alberta, but I will be in Edmonton until June 29perhaps we could meet up! Unfortunately I can't offer up a place to stay (as we are still homeless :), but it would be nice to see you and meet baby Reid! Just a thought, let me know if/when you'll be in E-Town!

Alexa said...

Haha, looks like you got a skinny mini baby just like me! Hunter is 25th percentile weight and 90th for length. She looks like a little body builder no matter how much food I stuff into that kid!