Sunday, June 5, 2011

he may be scrawny, but he's damn cute!



wow time flies!  we had a great visit with Josh and Brit last weekend.  They finally made the long drive from Yorkton to Rosthern!  We did a little shopping and went for lunch then supper with a martini or two, then off to the movies....yes we're getting a little bit tamer in our activities.  We'll leave the shenanigans for when we visit them!

A few days later we had an appointment with the pediatrician.  We were sure that Reid had put on weight! We were WRONG.  He weighed in at 9lbs5oz back in April...and again this week!  What the heck?  Well the doctor says the fix is to spread out the feedings from 2hrs to 3hrs, and only let them last 20-30 mins as opposed to ~1hr.  AND at least one feeding during the night.  So long 8hr sleeps...lol.  Apparently we need to wake him every 5hrs...at least.  5hrs works for me, my baby needs to put on some weight!  The doctor said he's healthy and happy, but scrawny....and that if he puts some weight on his head won't look so big in               comparison to his body.....HUH?  I don't think his head looks too big!  Well I guess we'll see next week if this new feeding plan is working.

In other news....MY GARDEN IS GROWING!!! It is so exciting!  Everyday I look out my bedroom window and there is a new vegetable row popping up!  So far we have cucumbers, beans, radishes, peas, lettuce, swiss chard, garlic, and something else that i can't remember what it is....the label blew away....lol.  I guess we'll figure it out in a month or so!

Oh and I almost forgot, Reid has been talking up a storm!  And today he was laying on his play mat and spun his toy that plays music all by himself!  It wasn't just a fluke either...because about a minute later he looked at it and did it again, and once the music stopped playing he did it again!  And last weekend when I was changing him he said "MUM".  He's always said "UM" but now he's been saying "MUM" and "NO" and i swear the other day in the car he said "MUM....HI".  Hey I know no one believes me, but no one believed my 3 week old could roll over....until I videotaped it!  lol...so stay tuned, I'm working on getting my proof on tape!
Reid's "talking" face...he gets quite animated!

No comments: